Welcome to Oil City, PA
A Greeting from the Mayor:
As the mayor of Oil City, I am pleased to welcome you to our website! Please take time to look at us and discover the great services and opportunities that Oil City provides. Don't forget to click on the links for the various city departments and initiatives to find even more information about this great city... To read more, click here: Download
Center Street Bridge Closing Information
The Center Street Bridge in Oil City will close for repairs on March 28, 2016 and remain closed through September 29, 2016. The closure will require some adjustments to the traffic flow in the Northside Business District.
• Center Street will be closed from Seneca Street to Main Street (Rt.8) – but the sidewalks will be open to Trinity Church, the Transit Building, and Cornplanter Square.
• The traffic signal at the intersection of Center and Main (Rt. 8) will be converted to a flashing yellow light during the construction.
• Pedestrian traffic from Main Street to Seneca Street will be directed to use the Railroad Footbridge over Oil Creek.
• The Cornplanter Square parking lot will be open but only accessible via Sycamore Street.
• The intersection of Route 8 and North Seneca Street (at the White Bridge) will become a three-way stop.
• Stop bars at intersections along Seneca, Elm, Center and Duncomb Streets will be moved back and a few parking spaces will be temporarily removed to allow for the turning radius of large trucks.
Please allow yourselves a few extra minutes to traverse through the Northside, be aware of new traffic patterns, and be courteous to other drivers.
Updates will be posted on Oil City’s website as they become available. For more information go to: www.penndot.gov
Utility Payments with VISA
Due to VISA's policy, the City of Oil City is unable to accept payments by VISA at the window or over the phone. If you are paying your utility bill with VISA, you must do it through the website. Please click on "Utility Bill Payments" at the left.
Swimming Pool to Open June 4, 2016
The James A. Nelles Swimming Pool complex will be open from June 4 through August 28th. Hours are Monday-Friday, Noon to 6:00pm, Saturday 11:00-5:00, and Sunday 1:00-5:00. Daily admission is $5.00. (after 4:00= $3.00)
Discount passes: 6 passes for the price of 5 = $25.00
Yearly Passes are available for purchase online through by clicking on "Pool Passes" on the left sidebar or at the Treasurer's Office in City Hall.
Other activities at the pool complex include: tether ball, corn hole, volley ball, party rental, concession stand, pavilion rental, and more!!
Junior Lifeguarding classes will be held Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00-11:00am, beginning July 5th.
Learn to Swim classes will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00-11:00am beginning June 14th.
Call 678-3022 for more information
Support Your Community Swimming Pool: Download